For the past month and a half, I’ve been having dreams of myself sitting across different people who I admire for different reasons, and interviewing them. Among them are Zooey Deschanel, Kathy Reichs, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Tavi Gevinson, Joss Whedon, Martin Freeman, and many others. Now, the chances of that actually happening are very slim, but since I have no life, I decided I’d indulge in my fantasies, and come up with questions I’d ask any ways.
So here it goes! These are some of the things I’d ask actress, singer/song-writer and HelloGiggles co-founder, Zooey Deschanel:
1. You played Trillian Astra/Tricia McMillan in the film adaptation of Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy…
- Had you previously read any of the books? or watched the TV series?
- If so, who was your favorite character (other than Trillian)?
- Did you ever find the story hard to follow?
- How much fun was it to be held prisioner by the Vogons? particularly when they were holding you over the beast thing before Arthur and Ford came to your rescue? It looked like tons of fun from my living room…
- How do you feel about Space/Time Travel?
- When would you travel to?
- Have you seen Martin Freeman (Arthur Dent) on Sherlock?
2. You’re in a band, She & Him, with Matt Ward…
- What’s your favorite song that you’ve done with him? I love “Why do you let me Stay Here”, “Thieves”, “Gonna Get Along Without You Now”, and your cover of Holly Buddy’s ”Oh Boy” is great!
- You’ve also provided vocals for Matt’s solo albums Hold Time in “Rave On” (another Buddy Holly cover!) and “Never Had Nobody Like You”, as well as in A Wasteland Companion in “Sweetheart”, which is wonderful. I forgot where I was going with this. You’re a great singer!
- Which one out of She & Him’s four albums (I’m counting the Christmas album, because I ADORE IT) would you say is your favorite?
3. Before starring in New Girl, which is so much fun to watch, you starred in Syfy’s Tin Man, a miniseries where you played Dorothy’s grand-daughter and had to go save Oz from your older sister Azkadellia, who had been possessed by the Witch…
- How awesome was it to play someone related to Dorothy, who was played by JUDY GARLAND?
- How awesome was Judy Garland? she was such a magical singer!
- Which character, other than DG would you have liked to play? If the Tin Man, Raw, Glitch, etc. didn’t have to necessarily be played by a guy, that is. Although Alan Cumming was awesome as Glitch.
4. You started HelloGiggles.com with your friends Sophia Rossi and Molly McAleer…
- Originally, it was supposed to be kind of like a lady-friendly version of Funny or Die, but now it’s more of a blog/web-zine. How soon after the site launched did you realize it wasn’t going to be exactly what you guys envisioned it to be?
- You’ve been very vocal about people hating on you for not being feminist enough for wearing peter pan collars, or wearing tiaras or whatever it is people seem to find wrong with you. You’ve said that the
- What’s some of your favorite stuff that you’ve seen on the site?
5. You contributed to a piece in Tavi Gevinson’s RookieMag.com, called “Higher Learning”, where you (and other really awesome people) talked about your high school experiences…
- You described yourself as “the unicorniest” unicorn. Is that still true? If not, when do you thing you grew out of it? (I’m asking because I too, feel like a super-unicorn-y unicorn in a sea of unicorns most of the time…)
- Do you still think a lot about eternity?
- How do you feel about dudes with floppy hair?
6. You usually have really great nail-art, and I understand the attraction behind it. I mean, tuxedo nails? Beatles nails? that’s genius!
- How do you decide what to do on your nails? (it usually takes me ages to decide on stuff! one time it took me a half hour to decide to do the Starfleet Insignia. JUST THE INSIGNIA, nothing big!)
7. Have you watched Twin Peaks? if so…
- Who was your favorite character?
- Did you like it (I still haven’t finished… i’m still very early in the series!)?
- Your mom was Donna Hayward’s mom!
8. How do you feel about baby animals?
9. Who’s your…
- Favorite singer person?
- Favorite fictional character?
- Favorite author?
10. What would you say is your favorite…
- TV Show?
- invention/infomercial thing?
11. Would you host SNL again?
- Which of the sketches you did when you hosted (in 2012) was your favorite?
- What’s your favorite sketch in the show?
12. How do you feel about Nick and Jess?
13. And Schmidt and Cece?
14. Your bangs have become something of a Thing, that’s automatically linked to you, kind of like Downton Abbey’s Lady Mary’s Eyebrows, I suppose…
- How do you get them looking so brilliant? They’re always so perfect!
Keep posted for more Imaginary Interviews!!!♥